Valentine’s Day may be traditionally associated with sweet treats like chocolates but why not try something different this year? Some smoothie recipes are perfect choices for the big day, with a creamy sweet taste, vivid reds, and pinks, and with the added bonus of all the health benefits of smoothies.
1. Valentine’s Day breakfast smoothie - Strawberry and Peanut Butter
Do you want to start Valentine’s Day off with a romantic breakfast-in-bed smoothie? The pink-red color is sure to make you both get in the Valentine’s mood and it’s full of ingredients to keep you feeling fuller for longer. The fiber in the strawberries and protein in the peanut butter is great for keeping those cravings at bay… perfect if you’re hoping to save calories for a romantic meal in the evening!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup watermelon
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Optional - 1 tbsp honey for extra sweetness
- Blend all ingredients together in your blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a serving glass
- For the watermelon hearts - use a heart-shaped cookie cutter. You can either attach the hearts to the glasses or put on a thin wooden stick - see picture below.
2. Valentine’s Day lunch smoothie - Berry & Banana Delight
Want to grab a quick lunch together on Valentine’s Day? This fruity smoothie is a delicious and healthy combination of fruits, plus using soymilk over regular milk gives even more nutrients.
- ½ cup frozen organic strawberries
- ¼ cup of frozen organic blueberries
- ½ frozen ripe banana
- 1 fresh ripe banana
- ½ cup fresh organic strawberries
- 1 cup vanilla soymilk (or unsweetened if you’d like to keep sugar down)
- Optional - 1 tbsp maple syrup (to sweeten)
- Add the soymilk, all of the frozen fruit and maple syrup to your blender and mix until relatively smooth.
- Add the fresh banana and blend again until smooth.
- Add the fresh strawberries and blend again but do this gradually as you don't want the strawberries to be too mushy for this smoothie to work.
3. Valentine’s Day recipe: Fruit and almond smoothies
Beside exciting gift ideas for girlfriend, Surprise your sweetie with a heart-healthy valentine’s day smoothie – it’s dairy-free and delish! You can’t go wrong with this mix of fruit and almond milk yogurt!
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup of frozen berries
- 1 cup frozen sliced peaches
- ½ cup almond milk yogurt
- Thoroughly wash your fresh strawberries and rinse all of the frozen fruit.
- If the strawberries are fresh, place them in the bottom of the blender right on top of the yogurt and then you should be able to easily blend right away. If they are frozen letting the fruit sit in the pitcher for 10 to 30 minutes will help soften everything.
- Blend until combined (about 1 minute in a Vitamix).
- This amount will make a single ‘meal’ smoothie or a shared ‘snack’ size smoothie with your sweetie.
Serve chilled and enjoy!!!!
4. Valentine’s Day love green
In case no one told you today, fresh, green and vegan smoothies for Valentine’s Day dinner is not a bad idea. It’s heart-healthy, which is apt for Valentine’s Day!
It’s also full of omega 3 fatty acids and contains vitamin C for stronger immunity.
- ¼ cup baby spinach
- ⅕ cup peas
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 chopped apple
- I lemon (juiced)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup ice
- Add the ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
5. Sweet Valentine’s Day dessert - Dark chocolate and strawberry
This delicious but deceptively healthy smoothie makes the perfect replacement for a sinful dessert. It’s the smoothie version of strawberries dipped in decadent chocolate, and who doesn’t love that idea on Valentine’s Day? This dessert smoothie is no mere indulgence though; with dark chocolate, cocoa, Greek yogurt, and berries, it’s packed full of antioxidants, protein, and fiber.
- ½ cup fat-free or low-fat Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup frozen strawberries or ½ cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- ½ cup ice if you’re using fresh berries
- Blend all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into a serving glass and drink straight away.
Just take a little time, with the simple recipes above, you can prepare a healthy dish for your lover in this Valentine already. No need for chocolate or a luxurious meal at a restaurant, just with such simple things is enough for your partner to feel happy in the day of love!